Happy Valentine’s Day!
Well, day-before Valentine’s day technically.
Even though this holiday is commonly associated with the emotion, “love”, what exactly is love? Well, love can mean so many different things. There’s romantic love, in which I believe is accepting someone with flaws and all, and have a strong connection with them physically and emotionally. There’s familial love, which is the love that consists within a family, and there is platonic love, which is common in most friendships where you respect them as a friend, but nothing more.
With this holiday being known for people expressing their love to each other, it’s not ONLY meant for couples. Valentine’s day is a day where you can show the people you care about how much they mean to you. So if you’re celebrating Valentine’s day without a significant other, no worries! You can still enjoy the holiday by telling other people how much they mean to you. So don’t forget to show your friends and family how much they mean to you by doing something sweet for them.
If you’re stumped as to what to do or give to others on this wonderful holiday, here are a few ideas…
- Cook food for the ones you care the most about. Food is always the key to one’s heart, and especially knowing that things are homemade makes everything taste just a little bit better 🙂
- Write a heartfelt letter. This can apply to anyone! Regardless if you are in a relationship or single, writing a letter to someone you care about is always a wonderful gesture and it lets the other person know that their part in your life is greatly appreciated.
- If you’re looking for presents to give to friends, family members, or a significant other, you can never go wrong with flowers, chocolate, and/or candles! Scented candles can always brighten up one’s mood when they walk into a room, flowers can signify many different meanings, depending on which one you give, and chocolate is a sweet delight that is impossible to say no to! 🙂
- Go out to a fancy restaurant! This can apply to anyone! If you’re single, go out with your single friends and have a great time! If you are taken, plan a special date to your significant other’s favorite restaurant and make it a memorable date.
- Lastly, don’t forget to spoil yourself! You are your biggest motivator and supporter. It’s okay to take some time for yourself and just do things you like. Love yourself!
Have a great Valentine’s Day!
Till next time,